Sunday, December 24, 2006

Let me vent please!



Christmas Eve is supposed to be a time of joy. Especially this year for the avid sports fan since there is football on all day. Unfortunately my day has been ruined by one man. His name is Kenny Williams, and he will now be known as "The Grinch Who Traded My Playoff Hopes". See, I've backed this man loyally for years, and in 2005 I was rewarded for it. I didn't bitch a few weeks ago when he traded Freddie Garcia for prospects. Fact is I knew one pitcher was going to go, supposedly to make room for Brandon McCarthy. And I didn't mind it being Garcia, I've never been a huge fan of his anyway. I felt he could have gotten a lot more than prospects, but I still had faith. I thought Kenny knew what he was doing.

Well, now he has gone mad. Last night he traded Brandon McCarthy to Texas for 3 players with no major league experience. Why would you trade a 23 year old phenom who isn't making any money for 3 guys who have yet to play in the majors? It's completely assinine. Thank you for ruining this Sox fan's (and I'm sure the rest of his family's) Christmas, Mr. Grinch!

























And here we see Sox GM Kenny Williams,
AKA The Grinch, stealing toys from kids
at a local hospital.

2 comments:

Rhino said...

I hate the Sox. That said, trust Kenny. He's delivered before and will do so again.

Hendry < Williams. Any day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, there. I feel your pain. George Steinbrenner, while still miserable, is nothing like he was in the 1980s. No excuse for this move.

Hey, the Yankees are shopping Randy Johnson. Want him? I'd love to hook you up.

Thanks for the comment on Sports Chatter (www.sportschatter.us). Keep up the good work here.