Monday, January 29, 2007

...and they call him Mr. Dead...

One of America's favorite horses finally chewed the golden bit...put his nose in the proverbial final oatbag...whatever you wanna call it.

Yes...I said ONE of them...don't forget Seabiscuit, Scout, Black Beauty, Trigger, Silver, Quick-Draw McGraw, Mr. Ed, Cigar...didn't even think there was a list, did you?

From the Associated Press: "Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro was euthanized Monday after complications from his gruesome breakdown at last year's Preakness, ending an eight-month ordeal that prompted an outpouring of support across the country."

Here's a picture of Barbaro's leg post-op:





I'm not too knowledgable about horse racing; however, I am knowledgebale in symbolic interpretation. That said, anytime a "colt" goes down before this year's Super Bowl, I'll be the first to take notice and let you guys know. I love my peeps that much.

Ha. And you though this was about horses.

GO BEARS!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're cruel. Poor Barbaro.

Anonymous said...

send that bum horse to the glue factory! I mean seriously, thank god I do not have to anymore about that horse, until of course the next Derby when they have sappy vinettes about his loss and noe buried there