Sunday, January 21, 2007

Reggie Bush League

First off, let me state that I I am writing this column with a slight buzz. I watched the Bears advance to the Super Bowl this afternoon with fellow MAMQB writer Big Willie, and to celebrate we went to a local bar near me and tipped back a few more cold ones in the company of future NFL Hall of Famer Mike Alstott.

My thoughts on todays game are pretty simple. The Bears dominated, Bernard Berrian in one single amazing catch showed the whole country what I have been saying about him all year (he is a staple on my keeper fantasy team), that he is the most underrated WR in the league.

The thing that sticks out for me is this though. I am the only Bears fan in my family. I grew up in a household of Packer fans, so life in the 90's sucked for me. I'm sure I don't have to explain to anyone reading this the hatred that Packer fans have for the Bears and vice versa. When I called my Dad to ask him in a smartass way how the Packers did today he told me something I couldn't believe: he said he was glad the Bears won. I was floored. He had one reason: Reggie Bush. He made a spectacular play, outran the entire Bears defense, and at about the 5 yard line started pointing, then did a somersault into the end zone. The fact that no flag was thrown for taunting speaks volumes about how the NFL believes Bush is the future face of the NFL. I had to laugh though since, and i hope Reggie actually reads this, HE WAS STILL LOSING!!! You, Reggie Bush, are an asshole, and I hope you enjoy watching the Super Bowl on your parents couch in the house that the USC Boosters Club bought for them!

As I am writing this the Colts have just won their game. The look on Belichick's face is priceless. Good. Fuck him. But I have to wonder this: will ESPN even discuss the Super Bowl in the two upcoming weeks? After all, Chicago is in the midwest. Indy is in the midwest. And as far as ESPN is concerned the midwest doesn't matter. If it doesn't concern the eastcoast then it doesn't concern ESPN.

P.S. Some of you may notice I have a new name on here. I am the artist formerly known as Rudedogg, but I now have new name in honor of Michael Vick's recent legal troubles. Go to www.ronmexico.com and click on the name generator to get your Ron Mexico name.

No comments: