Saturday, February 3, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

So here we are on the eve of Super Bowl XLI. I'm waiting to hop a plane to Vegas and reading what all the 'big boys' have to say about the game. I've gotta say, based on what I'm reading, there's no way the Bears can win this game. And that's the very reason why they will.

All the major sports media outlets are clinging strongly to Peyton Manning's nuts.

The Headline on CBSSportsline.com reads, 'He's the Man' with a picture of Peyton in a classic pose, audibling out of a play.

Yahoo Sports is running a story about Dan Marino's deep running love for Peyton Manning, whom is has been going to dinner with in Miami and giving pointers.

ESPN.com features a shot of Manning and Urlacher and breaks down how either can swing the game.

But there's one source propping the other QB up on a pedestal. FoxSports.com is giving Rex Grossman some love sighting the Florida Gators dominance in all sports over the last year.

I for one am sick of hearing about Peyton Manning. I truly hope in my heart of hearts that the Bears 'D' kicks the living hell out of him, making Sunday the longest day of his life.

Everyone loves the underdog, but I'm not so sure the Bears should be the 'dog in this game.

More tomorrow.

No comments: